McAfee endpoint security is one of the advanced products of McAfee Security software that offers high-end security for your systems. the endpoint security is mostly used by a high-end enterprise that offers the users to review all the files in the system along with complete security control. the software keeps your personal and business information secure from all kinds of online threats. the software keeps you safe while browsing online. however many users have reported an error while uninstalling the McAfee endpoint Security in your device. there could be various reasons that can lead to this error. you have to make sure to fix all the causes that can lead to this error.
In this article, we have listed below some of the quick methods that can help you in fixing this error. If you are not able to resolve this issue on your own then you can also contact at McAfee Customer Service. Here you can get assistance for any kind of issue with McAfee Software.
Methods to Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security
Sol: 1 Use the System Data
- Close all the programs and open the McAfee Software dashboard.
- Now you need to open the EPO services and then you need to alter the policies to successfully install the software from your device.
- now click on the policies and then choose the edit option.
- after this open the Protection policies and then click on the disable option.
- now click on Ok and then apply to make the changes effective.
- Go to your desktop screen and press the Windows+ E key to open the Windows Explorer screen.
- Go to C:\ drive and then open the programs folder.
- Open the McAfee folder and then double-click on the frminst.exe file to run it.
Now, wait until the file will ask to restart your system. Once the system will restart all the files of McAfee Endpoint security will be removed from your device. In case, Even after performing this, if you are unable to uninstall the McAfee Endpoint security from your device then you can proceed to the next method.
Sol: 2 Try Uninstalling Features of McAfee
If you have tried the above method but still not getting good results then you might need to uninstall some features of McAfee Software. You can follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall McAfee Endpoint security.
- Click on the start menu and enter the Control panel in the search box and hit enter.
- Now click on the Program and features option and then the list of all the programs will be open on the screen.
- Now choose McAfee Firewall and threat application from the list and then click on Uninstall/Change option.
- After this, if it asks for any password then you have to enter McAfee as your default password to uninstall the McAfee Software from your device.
In case, If you are trying to uninstall the McAfee Endpoint security 10.5 then also you can use this method.
Sol: 3 Use McAfee Product Removal Tool
If you have tried the above method but still not getting effective results to uninstall the Software then you can use the Endpoint removal tool or Endpoint Upgrade assistance to get this issue resolved. you can follow this method to use this tool properly.
- You need to first download any of the software mentioned above to uninstall McAfee Products.
- Now go to My Account section and then login in to your account.
- you will be needed to use the McAfee Epo console.
- In order to remove or uninstall McAfee Agents from your device enter the following command: -accept-VSA-MA.
So this way you can easily get rid of this issue while uninstalling McAfee endpoint security from your device. Antivirus software is a must to keep your device secure from web threats. if you have uninstalled McAfee Endpoint security from your device then you can choose from other available products from McAfee to keep your device safe and secure. You can easily download and activate the McAfee Antivirus in your device.
If you have any queries related to this article or need any kind of assistance then feel free to get in touch with the experts at McAfee Customer Service.